Glema Mahr Center for the Arts Mission Statement
The mission of the Glema Mahr Center for the Arts is to enhance the quality of life in Madisonville and surrounding communities by developing and presenting a wide range of arts programming and arts education opportunities for all ages and interests.
The Glema Center addresses this purpose by:
- Presenting high quality classical music and dance in order to develop an appreciation for the classical repertoire.
- Presenting family oriented programming at affordable prices.
- Presenting popular and culturally diverse events which challenge and entertain.
- Providing regional public and private elementary and secondary school performances through the School Days Matinees program.
- Providing arts education programming for educators and students in support of KERA.
- Hosting graduations and other appropriate college events, as well as community service events for schools and not-for-profit organizations.
- Operating The Anne P. Baker Gallery with local, regional and national exhibits free of charge.
- Developing local, regional and national support through sponsorships, gifts, grants, partnerships and volunteerism.
- Operating the Star Pass program which develops funds to provide tickets for low income families.
- Developing local talent through community-based productions and the Summer Arts Academy